Flumserberg lies high above the southern shore of the Walensee facing the magnificent and geologically fascinating Churfirsten chain. This family-friendly resort is surrounded by varied walking country and offers many attractions for children. In winter, Flumserberg is the biggest winter sports’ region in eastern Switzerland.
Flumserberg is located approximately one hour from Zurich and Lucerne and near the borders of other European destinations, including Austria, Germany and Liechtenstein. Flumserberg is in the heart of the holiday region "Heidiland" which offers a host of leisure activities and recreation such as hiking, mountain biking, Nordic walking and swimming in the tranquil natural sources of Bad Ragaz and the world class spa’s. The area is easily accessible by car or by use of the efficient swiss public transport.
The resort of Flumserberg forms a terrace stretching from 1000 m to 1400 m above the Walensee and the valley town of Flums. The ski region reaches 2222 m. By the end of the 19th century, this area had already been discovered as a centre for whey cures and its unspoilt natural beauty inspired Johanna Spyri to write her Heidi stories more than a hundred years ago.
Today this is an excellent family-oriented resort.
This holiday region is also criss-crossed by a dense 150-km network of hiking and cycle paths. Also on offer are cycle tours of every level of difficulty; fishing in mountain streams/lake; and paragliding. The delightful six-hour “Seven Peaks Tour” is a perfectly safe ridge walk with magnificent panoramic views of more than 150 peaks in the St. Gallen, Grisons, Glarus and interior Swiss Alps.
The Walensee, with its many facilities for water sports, is just 20 minutes away by car. Anything is possible there, from diving to stand-up-paddling, canoeing, sailing and surfing.
- 150 km of well-developed hiking trails
- Outdoor fitness trails
- LOWA test centre, Tannenboden
- Bike trails offering all levels of difficulty
- CLiiMBER climbing tower
- FLOOMZER toboggan run
- Lake Walen with lidos and water sports activities, just a short ride away on the gondola cable car
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Fishing in the mountain stream
- Idyllische Schweizer Familien Feuerstellen
- Many delightful children's play areas
- Wellness offers and nature experiences
- many events to combat boredom
Flumserberg is located in a sunny spot above Lake Walen. The Flumserberg holiday resort covers an area of approximately 86 square kilometres.
- Lowest point: 956 m (Bergheim)
- Highest point: 2524 m (Magerrain)
- 16 cable cars and lifts operate in the winter
- 5 cable cars and lifts operate in the summer
- 800 permanent residents
- 7,200 beds in all types of accommodation
Connections to the lake
From Flumserberg, the gondola cable car will take you to Unterterzen in 15 minutes, and Lake Walen with its many sports activities is just 20 minutes away by car. From diving, water skiing and canoeing to sailing or windsurfing, you can try everything here.
Accommodation, alpine huts, restaurants, etc.
Families love our holiday apartments, hotels and special offers for children. Cosy alpine huts with sun terraces – a paradise for hikers, mountain lovers and nature enthusiasts. Various tastefully designed restaurants await you in the village, catering to every taste, from hearty meals to “haute cuisine”.
The winter sports region of Flumserberg guarantees plenty of snow and is the biggest winter sports destination between Zurich and Chur with pistes of all levels of difficulty. For snowboarders there are fun parks and a half-pipe; and for cross country skiers the Prodalp has 18 km of cross-country trails. Children become familiar with snow sports in two children’s parks. Cosy mountain snack bars ensure a variety of culinary delights.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE
- 5 minutes to ski fields – by bus
- 15 minutes to Flums Town Centre
- 20 minutes to large Pizol shopping centreWalking distance to restaurants and convenience shop
- 2-5 minute walk to Bus facilities
- Close to Austria & Lichtenstein